I'm definitely NOT an amazing cook or anything, and these recipes are pretty simple, but we like them. :)
I originally started and kept this blog as a private recipe blog so that I could have someplace to keep and sort all my recipes more easily by ingredients and etc while meal planning, but since then have made it public so that any of my family and friends who are interested can try them out too. Enjoy!
-Oh, and let me know if you try them, and/or have any ideas or recipes to share (I'm ALWAYS looking for new ones)!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Pizza (sauce & dough)


*the dough I'm not sure where I got the recipe for the dough, but the sauce I'm pretty sure I got from my Aunt Sherrie (maybe the dough too?) when I was like 12 or something. I LOVE homemade pizzas... especially on a pizza baking stone!

Ingredients:

Dough:
2 tsp dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tsp salt 3 cups flour
1-2 tsp olive oil
Extra flour for rolling dough

Sauce:
2 sm. cans (8 oz) tomato sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
*seasoning amounts I use vary on however I feel that day, and whatever sounds good to me
** Boil together for 10-25 minutes.

Toppings: (whatever you like, this is what 'I' like)
tomatoes
olives
green peppers
red peppers
Canadian bacon
mozzarella ...etc

Directions:
Dissolve yeast in water for 5 minutes. Add salt, flour, and 1 tsp of oil. Mix to make a ball of dough. Knead dough until smooth, and roll in olive oil in a bowl. Let rise 1-2 hours (doubled in size). Punch down dough, and flatten out on floured baking sheet (or stone).
Cover with sauce, cheese, and toppings ... then bake at 450 degrees for 15+ minutes. (I like my crust thick and kind of doughy, and usually I just watch it until it looks 'done' to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment