I'm definitely NOT an amazing cook or anything, and these recipes are pretty simple, but we like them. :)
I originally started and kept this blog as a private recipe blog so that I could have someplace to keep and sort all my recipes more easily by ingredients and etc while meal planning, but since then have made it public so that any of my family and friends who are interested can try them out too. Enjoy!
-Oh, and let me know if you try them, and/or have any ideas or recipes to share (I'm ALWAYS looking for new ones)!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Slime

This easy recipe makes some awesome slime/goop/silly putty-ish stuff that Ive used many times over the years with my students and clients. Its way simple and quick to make, and best part is its easy clean up (just peels off!)

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp Borax ('20 Mule Team Borax' ....a detergent found on laundry isle of your local store -or come borrow some from me!)
2 -1/2 cups of water water (so 1 cup total but you mix two mixes with 1/2 cup each separately first)
4 oz. Elmer's Glue (I just eyeball it and add until i get a good consistency)

Directions:
Mix 1/3 cup of water and Borax well in a small bowl. In another bowl mix 1/2 cup water and Elmer's Glue. Add desired food coloring to the Glue mixture. Stir the Borax mixture into the Glue mixture (may take a little bit to get fully mixed...Ive found kneading with hands often works best). Once mixed well and a good consistency have fun playing with it!
*Stores well for several weeks in a closed container

You can roll and mold it into sold-ish forms, but when held high or set down it will start to stretch/melt a bit (as seen above). Its good entertainment for long periods of time! *wink*

2 comments: